Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

FYI: Lhota Does Return Every Phone Call to His Cellphone

In a WNYC interview this morning, Joe Lhota  addressed the recent controversy where Staten Island powerbroker Guy Molinari very publicly withdrew his support from Mr. Lhota in response to unreturned phone calls. Mr. Lhota said he was “surprised” by the communications mishap, but Mr. Molinari should have called him personally to resolve it, according to the conversation and reported by Colin Campbell. 

“That was a staff member who didn’t return the phone calls,” Mr. Lhota explained. “There was a disagreement. I’ve talked to Guy since then. I was really surprised. If he thought somebody on my staff wasn’t returning the phone calls, he should have called me. Everybody knows I return all of my phone calls. I pick up my cell phone myself, much to the chagrin of my staff. And quite honestly, since then, I’ve received the support of a lot of elected officials on Staten Island. I think Guy was a friend before this, Guy will be a friend after this and I will always be close to Guy Molinari and his entire family.” 

 Asked if he would seek to regain Mr. Molinari’s support, Mr. Lhota indicated he would. “That will be at the appropriate time and place for that,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment