Blogger Widgets

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quinn Launches Mayoral Campaign with Video and 5 Borough "Walk and Talk"

Christine Quinn, New York City's council speaker, announced Sunday that she is officially running for the mayor’s office.
 

Announcing on Twitter (@Quinn4NY) that she's in the race, Quinn said she wanted to give middle- and working-class New Yorkers the same opportunities generations of her family got when they came here. 

“I’m about keeping New York City a place for the middle class,” she said in a video released on her website. “To live and grow, that’s going to help all of those hardworking people get into the middle class.” 

"I'm not about talking and finger-pointing and complaining," she said. "I'm about getting things done." 

Quinn also announced plans to kick off the campaign with a "walk-and-talk" tour, with stops scheduled in every neighborhood across the city. 

Before her first stop ion Manhattan, Quinn told reporters, "I'm running today and I'll stack my record against anybody else's in this field. ... I balance budgets on time, and I had the wisdom in the first three years I was speaker, when there were surpluses, to not spend that money."

No comments:

Post a Comment