Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Running for Mayor? Tweet or Die!

You gotta sympathize with Joe Lhota, if you're a fellow tweep. Prior to launching his mayoral bid in January   former MTA chairman Joe Lhota was an extremely prolific Twitter user. Since hitting the campaign trail, Mr. Lhota has made far fewer posts on the social media site and stopped tweeting the witticisms he was previously known for. 

When Hunter Walker from Politicker saw Mr. Lhota at lunch yesterday, he asked him why he reduced his Twitter presence. Mr. Lhota attributed his lower Twitter profile to instructions from his campaign press team, specifically, his spokeswoman Susan Del Percio. “I eventually will get back. You know I get handled by my press people,” said Mr. Lhota. “Susan, she threatened me, so I have to be careful.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment