Blogger Widgets

Thursday, April 25, 2013

VIDEO: Underestimated, John Catismatidis Confident In Primary Win


Mayoral hopeful and Republican underdog, John Catsimatidis told NY1's Errol Louis on "The road To City Hall" that he's working very hard 7 days a week until 11PM, hitting every borough and neighborhood in NYC, in his run for mayor. "Because I am not only running in the [GOP] September primary, but also in the November election," he said.

In the interview, Mr., Catsimatidis defied councilman Eric Ulrich's criticism and call to exit the race. "You know, you are talking to a 26 year old kid. So gimme a break," he smilingly responded. "People have counted me out all my life... and I became one of the most successful businessmen in the United States, not only in New York City. I hope people underestimate me," he added.

Addressing his low poll numbers, Mr. Catsimatidis defiantly questioned the viability of the poll. "Gimme a break, Errol. Look at the poll carefully. They took the poll of 188 people. That whole poll is 188 people, and you are going to make a statement about that," he said, moving nervously in his chair. Adding, "look at the Staten Island poll yesterday. Somebody called me up and told me that I was either on the top two or number one," he added.

(Note: In the SI Advance online straw poll, Mr. Catsimatidis has slightly, but consistently, ahead of Joe Lhota by 18 votes. Mr. Catsimatidis is ahead of the pack, out of all the mayoral candidates asked in the poll, with 29.5% while Mr. Lhota, the considered frontrunner, garnered 27.4%).

No comments:

Post a Comment