Blogger Widgets

Monday, February 11, 2013

Catsimatidis: "New York is Gonna Have Catsman!”

John Catsimatidis might be another self-made billionaire who wants to be mayor of New York City, but he’s one of the most exciting Republican mayoral candidates and less politician style than Mike Bloomberg 12 years ago. 

Catsimatidis explained to Lloyd Grove of the Daily Beast, his Twist Twitter Handle to his surname. “That’s why it’s John ‘Cats’ when I’m running for mayor,” he says. “You know Gotham had Batman? New York is gonna have Catsman!” 

“It’s a fork in the road,” he said of his chances. “You know what a fork is? I’m 64 years old. You hit 64 and you start having soul-searching. Everybody experiences it. I’m looking for a new career. Meaning that I want to dedicate myself to the city and do something good. I’ve been working seven days a week or whatever for 40 years. If I don’t get elected, it will be time for me to take a little time off. I want to be able to get in the airplane and fly to Davos with the rest of my family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment