Blogger Widgets

Monday, February 18, 2013

Ceceilia Rocks NYC Mayoral Race with Bathrobe Lookalike and Pink Laced Sneakers

I was asked maybe trillion times to interview her, but i have not yet managed to find the spare minute in my schedule, in this epic, rather exicitng for politicos, mayoral race.

So, Azi Paybarah "was curious about this person who managed, at least, to create a feedback loop about herself among those "serious" people."

"And, as a reporter who complains regularly about lack of direct access to candidates, I kind of hoped that, with her very direct self-introduction and willingness to field and answer questions with no filter or preconditions, she was maybe even in the process of proving a little something about how an aspiring citizen-candidate with ideas but no money could go about building a public profile," Azi writes about his preparations ahead of the scheduled interview. 


But then, Ceceilia (who is not yet registered as a NYC resident, initial reports show) showed up with a sort of bathrobe pullover and pink laced sneakers.


"I met Berkowitz at a coffee shop near Union Square this weekend, and we spoke for nearly an hour. As it turns out, she comes across very differently when she isn't communicating in 140-character bursts. She spoke for nearly eight minutes, straight, before I interrupted her to ask my first question," writes Azi. 

"She sat facing a window and rarely turned toward me when speaking," raising questions, whether she might be prohibited to look at men.

OK. her path to victory: "She said she planned to hire 20 campaign mangers and allow her fund-raisers to keep 50 percent of what they raise for her until the campaign raises $1 million. (After that, the percentage given to the fund-raisers would drop.)." 

She's friends with Bloomberg. Well, she "attended a fund-raiser at the mayor's home and written checks for at least one of his pet causes."

Why Mayor of NYC? "I need a career where I don't lose money for every year. And so, I notice it's a very good opportunity, for me, to take on the role of mayor. I have very good experience in starting new jobs, whether they are hard or easy, making sure I meet or beat expectations. Even if I lose money myself—Mayor Bloomberg himself doesn't take a salary—I would be prepared to spend the money on getting ready, like, if I have an emergency and need to buy new shoes, if I need to pay for my own car and I don't get reimbursed for that type of thing." 

Cecilia Berkowitz is not going to be mayor, and i don't know if my time will allow me to Tweet at her, at every weekly Tuesday Tweetfest. 

At least from my point of view, I'm being perceived as 'Serious."

No comments:

Post a Comment